Friday, July 21, 2006

prayer for the broken hearted

dear God,

i entrust them into Your hands
You know how hard and the pains that they are going thru
the false accusations, words that stab into the heart
because they are from those they love, treasure, and cherish
besides You, there's none other who can help them
only You can resolve whatever pain and hurt they are facing
You know of the problems in their past
the pains from their families or society

O Lord, tear down the strongholds of the evil one
tear down the strongholds of their lives from sin, burdens, hurt, pain
free them so they can soar upon Your promises and Your Truths

take them into Your care
help us not to worry as You commanded
for Your hands are strong
Your arms embrace and will not let them go

Hold them Lord, hold them...
Watch over them
Protect them
by Your power, by Your blood

Amen

1 comment:

Vavaxn said...

thank you for this prayer, i am plagued by this broken heart. its been really difficult. even at this age, i seem to fall so deeply in love that i lose myself, and in turn, allow my heart to be broken. i dont want to stop believing in love. but the pain is just too much to handle.

i remember telling her, my last heartache must be THE LAST. for I have no strength to encounter another, i told her to be gentle with my heart..to be patient with me, to love me whole, if she really wants me, for i cannot go thru another heartache.

but alas, i am going thru it. its not so much as..why yet again? but its more of..why did i have to lose her. i want so much to spend the rest of my life with this person. why bring us together and then let us fall apart?

i pray for hope. i pray to heal.